Wednesday 27 June 2012

Brave

I know I've done my blog post for today but I just found this article and had to share it.

Here is the first paragraph;

'There's a problem in Hollywood (and the rest of the world for that matter, but let's keep it small and manageable), and it is a lack of truly strong, independent female protagonists. It's not all the fault of the studios, either: in a world where "Twilight" makes billions, one has to assume that a character like Bella resonates with young females. And sadly, she does.'

This article is about Disney's new film Brave, particularly brave of Disney to create a strong female protangonist despite the fact that she's also a princess.  That doesn't bother me though, one of my favourite books when I was little was The Tractor Princess about a princess who was more interested in tractors and dirt than dresses.


Apparently Brave is also a film about a strong female protagonist with no love interest.  This is something that I've always wanted to write but I suppose it says a lot about my mind that men always have to feature. 
I now cannot wait to see this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment